Friday, April 30, 2010

Project 6: Report on Skype Use



So, before this class I had very little knowledge about "Skype." I was skeptical about the credibility of the program, because I have thought that video chatting was somewhat suspect for a while. Now, after a semester of EDM 310, I have realized that Skype can be a very useful tool. The first time I got to participate in a Skype call was actually part of a business conference that someone I know was in with their fellow AT&T employees. They reported that Skype was invaluable to them because they are on so many trips. I also really liked the video's of the different educators who spoke with our class and Dr. Strange through Skype. It seems to me that I may one day definitely need Skype in my class. I like the fact that you can call anyone in the world, speak to them face to face, and not have to pay a dime for it. Over the course of the semester, I have made a few Skype calls to friends and family and have gotten used to the program. I am glad I now realize its advantages and how useful it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment