Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Project 5: Survey


I decided to make my survey about something that I could at least attempt to apply to my field (Secondary Education/ Language Arts). My hypothesis was that students who read more will be better suited to: A.) Enjoy writing and B.) Achieve good scores on writing assignments. All in all, my results are not really that indicative of anything in particular. 62% of my subjects read 5 books or less over a six-month span. 81% reported that less than 2 of these books were required for school. 88% reported reading less than 5 books on their own time. The interesting thing is that 94% said they get A's or B's on all of their writing assignments. This was somewhat troubling for me, and frankly I question the honesty of some of my subjects. 69% also reported that they enjoy writing, which in my estimation, should have been 94% since that many said they get A's or B's. Either way below are links to both my survey and results.

The Reading and Writing Connection Survey

Results for The Reading and Writing Connection Survey

No comments:

Post a Comment